The annual competition “Russian Mining Excellence Award” was established by the MINEX Forum in 2007 with the aim of independent evaluation and popularisation of outstanding achievements in the mining industry in Russia.
Over the years, the competition has become a Russian “Mining Oscar”. Leading companies and specialists are competing every year to participate in this prestigious Award.
The competition is open to Russian and international participants from prospecting, mining and metallurgical companies, consulting and research organisations, banks and investment companies engaged in various activities related to mineral exploration, production and processing of metals & minerals, as well as improving production safety, human capital development, mining financing and investments.
Objectivity, transparency, and professional selection of participants is ensured by an independent Awards Committee consisting of highly qualified experts with many years of experience in the mining and geological industry.
In 2020, the 14th Russian Mining Award competition will be organised in eight nominations.
NOMINATIONS OF THE XIV ANNUAL RUSSIAN MINING AWARD
1 – EXPLORATION PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Description: Significant achievements in the field of geological exploration in Russia.
Eligible nominees: Mining, Exploration and Prospective company.
Evaluation criteria: Significant geological discovery and / or development of the mineral reserves and resource between MINEX Russia 2019-2020 Forums confirmed by the State Reserves Committee or Independent report prepared in accordance with CRIRSCO international standards reporting group.
2 – MINING PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Description: Successful implementation of a mining and / or processing project in Russia.
Eligible nominees: Mining and Metallurgical companies.
Evaluation criteria: Successful implementation of a major mining or processing project in Russia in the period between MINEX Russia 2019-2020 Forums.
3 – INVESTMENT PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Description: Large-scale investment or mining finance project in Russia.
Eligible nominees: Financial companies, banks, investment funds, mining and metallurgical companies participating in M&A transactions.
Evaluation criteria: Organisation in the period between MINEX Russia 2019 -2020 Forums of Financing for a large-scale mining project in Russia or Major investment in mining asset which was not previously owned by investing company. The assessment takes into account the significance the project and the size of investment capital or/and finance raised.
4 – INNOVATIVE SOLUTION OF THE YEAR
Description: Introduction of innovative technological or organisational solution in the geological, mining and processing industries.
Eligible nominees: Exploration, Mining, Metallurgical, Service and Consulting companies, Research institutions, Universities.
Evaluation criteria: Implementation between MINEX Russia 2019-2020 forums of a breakthrough technological or organisational solution in the Russian Federation. The nomination prize can be awarded to a group of companies or consortiums involved in the development and implementation of innovative technological or organisational solution.
5 – SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Description: Implementation in the mining and metallurgical sector of a social project that has made a significant positive impact on company and society.
Eligible nominees: Mining, Ore-processing, Metallurgical, Exploration, Service and Consulting companies, Universities., Non-profit organisations.
Evaluation criteria: Implementation between MINEX Russia 2019-2020 forums of socially oriented projects, programs or actions, including:
- Information openness and transparency.
- Community projects implemented during the COVID19 pandemic.
- Contribution to the social development of company and region.
- Implementation of charity and sponsorship programs.
6 – HR PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Description: Successful implementation of a large-scale project or program in the field of training / retraining of personnel and the development of human resources in the mining industry in Russia.
Eligible nominees: Mining, Ore processing, Metallurgical, Exploration, Service and Consulting companies, Universities, Non-profit organisations, etc.
Evaluation criteria: Implementation between MINEX Russia 2019-2020 forums of professional education program, advanced training project or organisation of personnel during COVID-19 pandemic, which significantly increased the level of productivity and professional competence of the company’s employees.
7 – ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Description: Successful Implementation of a major project to reduce environmental footprint of mining production and introduction of innovative methods or technologies that have the potential for widespread implementation in the mining and metallurgical industry.
Eligible nominees: Mining, Processing, Metallurgical, Exploration, Service, Consulting companies, Universities, Non-profit organisations, etc.
Evaluation criteria: Introduction of advanced environmental technologies, improvement of environmental performance of companies, improvement of waste management systems, conservation of water, forest and land resources protection system, large-scale mine reclamation projects.
8 – RUSSIAN MINING LEGEND *
Description: Major personal contribution to the development of Russia’s mining and geological industry.
Eligible nominees: Managers, scientists and employees of companies, organisations and government agencies.
Evaluation criteria: Exceptional and widely recognised personal contribution to the development of the mining and geological industry in Russia/CIS.
* Due to a sensitive nature of this Award category the nomination is determined by the Awards Committee’s private vote
- Participation in the competition is FREE. An application for participation in the competition may be submitted by companies or individual employees of companies operating in the mining industry in the Russian Federation.
- Applications for participation in the competition must be submitted through online form on the forum website.
- To participate in the Competition, please submit an application no later than 14 September and explanatory information by 21 September.
- A company / individual can apply for nominations in no more than 3 categories. The Applicant may offer his Company as a competitor for the Award (in this case, the Applicant and the Nominee are one Person), and may also nominate another Company for the award (in this case, the details of the Applicant and the Nominees will be different).
- The award includes one winner (laureate) and up to three finalists per nomination.
- Applications are reviewed by the Award Independent Committee. Applicants may be requested to provide additional information and documents to validate statements in their applications.
- If requested, additional information and explanatory note must be submitted to the Awards Committee before 21st September.
- The announcement of the Finalists and Winners (Laureates) of the Competition will take place on 7 October.
- Finalists will be awarded honorary diplomas. The winners (laureates) will be awarded diplomas and bronze miner statuettes.
|14.08 – 14.09.2020||Acceptance of nominee applications|
|14.08 – 21.09.2020||Submission of additional information requested by the Awards Committee|
|21.09 – 25.09.2020||Selection of nominees|
|25.09 – 30.09.2020||Evaluation and selection of finalists|
|01.10 – 05.10.2020||Selection of laureates|
- Mikhail Sivkov, Director, SRK Consulting, Chairman of the Awards Committee 2020
- Boris Yatsenko, Partner, Head of the Metals & Mining Group in Russia and CIS, EY
- Roman Shchetinsky, Head of Strategy and Investment Department, GV Gold / Vysochaishy
- Alexander Lopatnikov, Managing Director for Russia, AAR
- Mikhail Leskov, Deputy General Director for Business Development, Institute of Geotechnology
- Vadim Petrov, Vice-Rector, MGGU-MISIS
- Alexey Lazarev, Deputy Head of Metals Department, GKZ
- Yulia Boyko, Expert
- Kirill Pristansky, Expert
- Daria Goncharova, Director of Sustainable Development Department, Polymetal
- Vladimir Zhosan, Chief Engineer, ID Engineers