Films about the activities of companies and people working in the mining and metallurgical industry will be presented on 7 October at the MINEX Russia Forum in Moscow
The MineMovie Festival is an international competition of short documentary films about companies and people working in the mining, geological and metallurgical industries in Russia and the CIS countries.
We accept from 2 to 20 minutes long documentaries and commercials filmed in Russian or English (with Russian subtitles). The films and documentaries must be filmed in the period of 2016-2020 in Russia or one of the CIS countries.
The public screening of the finalists’ films will be held 7 and 8 October in the Forum session and exhibition halls.
Application process is closed
- Best Film about Company
- Best Film about Innovation
- Best Film about Social and Environmental Projects
- Best Film about Mining Profession
- Best Commercial
MineMovie festival is organised by MINEX Russia 2020 Mining and Exploration Forum and the First Geological Internet Channel. The films submitted for participation in the Festival will be evaluated by a competent jury, consisting of mining and media professionals.
- The films and documentaries nominated to the Festival must be filmed in the period of 2016-2020 in Russia or one of the CIS countries.
- Entry ends on 21 September 2020.
- Participation in the festival is free to all participants. No monetary remuneration is provided for authors and participants.
- The applicant fills out the registration form and attaches to it a link to downloadable video files saved on the cloud server, YouTube, Vimeo or other online platforms.
- The Applicant grants the Festival Organisers the royalty-free right to multiple screening of the submitted film on MINEX Russia Forum’s screens in the meeting and exhibition halls, websites, and media.
- The Applicant grants the Organisers the right to use his / her name, image, photograph, company or product logos, audio and video recordings (subject to their availability) in any form and for any purposes provided for by the Rules of this Festival.
- Films that have passed the preliminary selection will be admitted to the competition program. Finalist Films will be screened during the MINEX Russia Forum on 7 & 8 October.
Films submitted for the competition must meet the following requirements:
- Films must correspond to the competition nominations.
- The applicant must have the copyright for the film submitted to the Competition, or have a power of attorney from the copyright holder for the film to participate in the competition;
- Films duration – 2 to 20 minutes.
- The format of the submitted video file must have a resolution of at least Full HD (1920 * 1080);
- The size of the video file should not exceed 2 GB;
- Films should be submitted via the online form containing the link to the video file.
- Films which were submitted to the competition in 2019 can be re-submitted provided they have not won first prize award in any of the nomination categories.
- The applicant is solely responsible for compliance with the laws, requirements and rights of characters and other third parties that may be have affected during filming creating the videos submitted to the competition.
- The organisers of the Festival are not liable for material or moral damage caused by indirect or direct losses of filming, inclining damage to property, life and health of third parties.
- The organisers and staff involved in organising the Festival are not responsible for moral or material damage that may arise as a result of administrative or technical errors during the course of this Festival, with the exception of cases provided for by the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
- The organisers and staff involved in organising the Festival do not share or support the opinions or statements presented in the films, nor are they obliged to verify their accuracy.
- By applying for participation in this Festival, the applicant undertakes to indemnify the organiser from any kind of claims, expenses, losses, damages associated with the participation of the film in the competition.
- The applicant is solely responsible for violation of the copyright of third parties and other rights related to the use of video materials.
- The applicant is responsible for paying taxes, royalties and other payments related to the videos submitted to the competition.
Jury Members, MineMovie Film Festival 2020
From the mining industry
Vadim Leonidovich Petrov – Vice-Rector, MISIS
Boris Vladislavovich Kurtsev – General Director, Micromine Rus LLC
Evgeny Gatovich Farrakhov – Vice President, ROSGEO
Alexander Nikolaevich Lopatnikov – Managing Partner, AAR LLC
Alexander Alexandrovich Vercheba – Dean of the Geology Faculty – MGRI-RGGRU
From the film industry
Elena Demidova – Director, screenwriter, teacher
Vladimir Mikhailovich Marin – Stage director, scriptwriter, head of the video studio of the Institute of Oceanology named after P.P.Shirshov of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Guzella Gennadievna Nikolayishvili – President of the LIME Social Advertising Festival, Arka Higher School of Cinema at the Higher School of EconomicsDaria Khrenova – Director and the author of documentary projects, experimental cinema